Sunday, April 6, 2014

Whew!

I only had time this week to be on the computer to check email--no, not even to shop! 
I filled in a little bit at Colorz for Quilts while Susan is in Arizona. It happened to be meeting day for Martha's Prairie Women group, so it was a fun day. 

Even more fun--this bundle of French General I picked up!

The April Stitch Society meeting was on Thursday.
Of course there were storm warnings, but I was lucky and managed to get home before the worst of it. These are a few more of the hexagons I finished from March.

I love the Cow Jumping Over the Moon.
We had a delicious ice cream dessert as a treat at our meeting.   

The Pansy is one of my favorites (so far). 

And I have a big finish!
 My Quilty Fun Sew Along quilt is complete!
The top, back and binding were made completely from my stash (which makes me pretty happy). I did purchase white batting. I was worried that a natural colored batt may change the white on white prints I used as backgrounds. 

I got to use up a lot of chunks of old fabrics for the back and some Kona solids for the binding.
I used Aurifil thread to quilt a pantograph design called Popcorn.

Lori's design for the label was pretty cute. Since it was a 16" square, I pieced it into the backing and quilted over it. It felt pretty good to not have to add a label after the last stitches of the binding were finished!

It looks like I have a pretty full calendar next week too.
Happy Sewing!!
 

3 comments:

  1. I had a hugely busy week, too. Not much time to read blogs, much less write mine. Luckily, it is better next week. I love your cow jumping over the moon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wool hexies. Is there a pattern? Congratulations on your finish, a very nice wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hexies are so very cute! I loveeeeeeeee French General...:)

    ReplyDelete