Sunday, July 6, 2014

One QOV Down--One to Go!

A couple week ago, I picked up two Quilt of Valor "kits" that needed to be quilted. I had hoped to get them both quilted right away, but something always seemed to pop up.
I'm happy to say that one of them is quilted and now will be handed off to someone else to do the binding.
This top was pieced by Mary Bovitz, a quilter from Hibbing, using batiks that had metallic accents--very pretty.

I used this pantograph called Labyrinth--it was so fun to quilt!
A lot more interesting than an allover stipple.
 

This is how it looks on the quilt.
I used a variegated Star thread in blues and greens.

The local QOV group has stacks of finished tops packaged with batting, backing, binding and a pillowcase just waiting for someone to quilt them. I have usually donated a finished quilt that I've made myself, but at our June longarm group meeting, Marcia Stevens challenged us to pick up a top or two from the QOV group. As an incentive, she will teach a free longarm class in November to anyone who quilts a top. Count me in!
Marcia is the "Mother" of machine quilting and it's amazing to have her as part of our group. She works very hard for the QOV effort and needs 60 finished quilts for a Wounded Warrior event in August. 

3 comments:

  1. so nice of you to do this
    I love that quilting all over pattern it looks great!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, really wonderful quilting...how wonderful of you to do this...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is such an interesting quilting pattern...very pretty, and how nice of you to make quilts of Valor!!

    ReplyDelete