Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Catching Up with Joe and a June Goal

Whew! I have finally managed to complete the parts of the ThimbleCreek Mystery that I had fallen behind on.....
Part 12 
22 more stars--this time with light centers and borders
Part 13
I don't know what these units are called, but there are 64 of them.

There were a lot of waste triangles from part 13, so I went ahead and sewed them into half square triangles--128 of them. Someday I hope to figure out a good project to use them in!
Since June is going to be a crazy month for me, I decided to give myself a break and chose one of my four patch tops as my finish for the month.
I went ahead and fixed my errant row--no more Where's Waldo--I hope!

I decided to be bold (for me) and will do a cheddar binding.
I have no clue how I will quilt it, but I have been wanting to try the straight line quilting that Mary of Country Threads has been using--I'm not sure if it will work for this quilt though. We'll see....
Linking with A Lovely Year of  Finishes HERE
alyof2015

5 comments:

  1. I love patriotic, yours looks great! Wish I would have participated if mine would turn out like yours. L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blocks and your beautiful four patch quilt! I really like the colour you chose for the binding! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blocks and quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that finish - the colours are beautifully warm and the cheddar binding is a perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete